Friday 20 April 2012

A month of exciting news!

Wow!

It's been a busy month since my last post. Two bits of really exciting news which have made me feel like all the hard work might just be starting to pay off, plus some new work and the collaboration with Jennifer Collier has come together too.

Exciting News No.1

The V&A Museum in London asked for samples in late March, thought they were great and have placed an order for my jewellery!! So by mid May jewellery from my Vintage Noir and Vintage Collection will be in the shop. I've always loved the V&A and having my work there will be really special to me.

Lara earrings

Exciting News No.2

In the same week as the V&A made their decision, I was interviewed by the editor of Embroidery Magazine. The 20 year old Judith (Embroidery undergraduate at the time) would have been so impressed by this, so I have allowed myself to feel a little proud of what I've acheived since then! I'm not sure when the feature will be out yet.

Me aged 20. Amazed how little I've changed, though I know I didn't usually wear such lovely vintage dresses at the time!
Collaboration

Jennifer Collier and I have been working on a little project together, and it came together earlier this week at the British Craft Trade Fair. I arrived at my stand to set up and found a box waiting for me. I opened the box to take out the jewellery boxes made by Jennifer, and found them wrapped up in old sewing pattern tissue! This was the first outing for some new jewellery and the boxes, made from my discarded cards of hooks and eyes, so recycling my recyclings!

Collaboration
New Jewellery

As my part of the collaboration I made some new pieces of jewellery, pictured below. The designs still need to be christened (most of my jewellery has names, out of practicality rather than sentimentality, though I do have my favourites!) The great thing is that the project gave me the opportunity to push my jewellery a step further and I have so many ideas for more pieces now too, can't wait to get experimenting, so watch this space!

New Vintage Noir chandelier earrings

New Vintage Noir 3D chandelier earrings in their bespoke box by Jennifer Collier

New Vintage Noir hook and eye cahndelier necklace, dipslayed on a 1930s box of Newey's hooks and eyes.
New Vintge Noir hook and eye bracelet

9 comments:

  1. In my opinion the best jewellery for anyone that is for male or female on any occasion is Jewellery, and you can easily see the happiness and the expression which one have when there is some kind of jewellery in the gift and they can be in variety like in necklaces, rings, earrings etc.
    buy gold jewelry online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome jewelry! I am completely in love with these earrings!Thnaks for the post. Charms & Pendants

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been extremely impressed to find out the great range of fashion accessories that you are offering. They will certainly be extremely helpful in enhancing the overall beauty and charm of a person by giving a stylish look to an outfit.

    If you are looking for authentic Tresor Paris stockist log onto tresorparis.co.uk. Here, you will get original Crystal Jewellery at affordable price. By purchasing from a reliable place you will not end up buying Tresor Paris Fake products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection !!!
    This is nice post and beautiful jewelry collection , thanks for sharing it

    Pear Shape Cut Diamonds ,Diamond Earrings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gift The Special Woman In Your Life With Crystal Jewellery

    The special woman in your life can be your mother, sister, wife or girlfriend. It does not matter what relation you have with the woman it would be great if you gift her something unique and make her feel even more special. Tresor Paris is the ultimate brand that will offer you different styles of crystal jewellery items. Take your pick from the necklaces, earrings and anklets and bracelets available and look absolutely gorgeous.

    The best part about these products is that they come with attractive health benefits. The brand is renowned for its expertise in offering quality items. The brand is defined by elegant style which embodies glow and oomph. It has formed a status for timeless appeal that is coupled with innovative and lavish designs that is sought after all over the world. The brand is continually growing with many collections that is suitable for both gents and ladies.

    It is considered as a leading crystal jewellery brand in the industry that has won several prestigious awards. The brand has been loved by celebrities that continue to bring jewellery into the focus. The artistic jewellery reflects technical perfection combined with artistic ingenuity. The company is keen on delivering the finest quality products that add sparkle and elegance in your life.

    There are currently a number of fraudulent sites and sellers that use this brand name. The counterfeit companies accept payments and don’t send the products that are ordered to customers. There are a number of complaints that they have not received products for which they have made payments. You must know that the company does not accept any responsibility for any purchase made from the unauthorized sites.

    As a leading branded jewellery company you will find that it comes with Czech crystals. The crystal magnetite balls and black cord will offer you a wonderful look. You will surely be happy with your purchase. Make a definitive style statement that enhances the inner beauty in a wonderful way. The ornaments will enhance your beauty even though they are not made from precious gemstones. Moreover, the ornaments work on the human’s magnetic field and helps in bringing about a positive change. With the changes in your life you will definitely be benefitted. From skin ailments to pains you will be relived from all kind of sufferings when you sport these items.

    Hence, this would be the perfect gift for the lady in your life especially when you care for her a lot. She will be extremely happy to receive such a wonderful gift from you. Undoubtedly, she will be a lucky person to have received trendy jewellery that not only adds to your style statement but also helps you in improving your health to a great extent. So, go ahead and make your purchase right away.

    Check out tresor-paris.com.au if you searching for different types of crystal jewellery items. Tresor Paris a leading branded jewellery. that offers some wonderful items at a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post Branded jewellery give the great look your post is very informative thanks for sharing with me.

    http://www.diamondsafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it is good but I like silver jewelry because it suit me and give good shine.
    www.energy-choice.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your exciting news gives a good feel and I'm so glad to see your post! I've learned more about you and some wearing products of you. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Thanks
    Helen
    Find Out More Celtic jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for shearing your great ideas. I love fashion. Heavy weight fashionable jewellery is now the 1st choice of youth. Gold,silver and diamond Vintage Jewellery collection have a awesome design with affordable price, i recently buy some online.

    ReplyDelete