Tuesday 21 June 2011

Beautiful Bath, lovely new makers and Handmade in Britain

The Assembly Rooms, Bath

Reflections in the Octagon

Chandelier above my stand in the Ballroom

The stunning ceilings in the Ballroom
More ceiling!

My stand - Handmade in Britain
The Assembly Rooms, Bath

 
A mix of Vintage button and Vintage Lace jewellery displayed in my old embroidery hoops
 I've just noticed how my display really coordinates with the colours of the ballroom!
Detail from my Vintage Lace collection display


New maker friends

I was opposite Deryn Relph whose work could not be more different from mine! Vibrant, bold colours, geometric retro patterns. Deryn knits fabulous lampshades, cushions and fabrics which she uses to upholster old chairs to creat something really stunning. Also a fellow fan of carrot cake and observer of "cake o'clock" !

 

I also met Emma of bagladee a twitter friend that I finally met in person. She makes lovely purses, cluthes and bags from lovely fabric. She had a lovely stand - you can see pictures of it here on her blog http://www.emma-bagladee.blogspot.com/

Finally, the most important friend of the weekend, I stayed with Sarah Hardaker, a fellow embroidery graduate. We hadn't seen each other for quite a few years, but as is always the way with real friends, the time passed melted away and it was great to catch up over Sarah's lovely homecooked food and a glass or two of wine. Sarah runs her own fabric design and print business, and a post just about her will no doubt follow soon.
Sarah Hardaker - Vintage Paisley

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judith, thanks for the mention :) lovely to meet you too.
    Em x

    ReplyDelete