Wednesday 6 April 2011

British Craft Trade Fair 2011

I've just got back from lovely Harrogate after BCTF 2011. The last few weeks have been full of preparation for this annual event in my making calendar. As ever it was exciting but exhausting..... (I might need a snooze after I've typed this)

Exciting because: I got great feedback and orders for my new designs, and lots of compliments on my stand and work too.

Exhausting because: I decided a week before the event to start a new collection of jewellery which I finished less than 24hrs before set up!

It's always a great chance to catch up with other makers, make new friends, put the craft world to rights, go to Betty's Teashop .... oh yes and not to forget the main purpose of it all - to do some business too! 

It was a bit quieter than usual this year, a reflection of the current climate, but lots of regular customers have been back for more stock for their shops and galleries and there are opportunities for more exhibitions, publicity and workshops for later in the year, so after a break today, I'll be back making tomorrow, getting orders ready and planning for the rest of the year.

I'd better go and unpack my car....

2 comments:

  1. it was lovely to meet you, your gorgeous vintage noir work stood out for me before I even got to the show, hope you did well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being the first to comment on my pristine new blog!

    ReplyDelete